Alt konu başlıkları
What Is Menopause ?
Since the average age is 40-45 before the 20th century, women did not have much time to experience menopause. Those who exceed this average age did not know what menopause meant; however, as the average age increased with the advancements in science and medicine women have begun to have more knowledge about menopause and they found ways to overcome this period comfortably. Today, the average age at which women experience menopause is 47-50. This age range can change depending on the climate, community structure and individual characteristics.
What Are the Menopause Stages ?
- Premenopause Period: It is the period before menopause. It makes up a period of 2 or 6 years. Women experience some physiological symptoms during this period. Symptoms such as faster fatigue, hot flushes, osteolysis, slowing down of metabolism, a decrease in hormones, changes in emotional and perceptual balances can be seen during this period. Psychological symptoms can take different forms according to the lifestyle of the woman. Women have not lost their fertility during this period, however, there is a huge difference in terms of the risk between the younger aged pregnancies and unexpected pregnancies in women aged 40-50. It is highly possible to have a troublesome pregnancy process for both the mother and the baby. The menstrual periods become irregular. This phase will be completed when there will be frequent bleeding initially, then the blood will lessen and finally, it will over completely.
- Menopause Period: It is the last menstrual period. The ovulars will be completely finished and it is not possible with today’s conditions to reverse this period or extend the menopause age. Women will completely lose their fertility. Women can seek medical advice in order to learn more about menopause and receive assistance in terms of alleviating or eliminating symptoms caused by menopause.
- Postmenopause Period: It refers to the next one-year period after the menopause. Especially the female hormone “estrogen” has been greatly reduced. The risk for cardiovascular diseases has doubled. In addition to this, bones lose most calcium in this one year period. So, osteoporosis will be at the maximum level. Women should not neglect to seek medical advice during this period.
How Does Women’s Psychology Meet Menopause ?
What Conditions Affect the Menopausal Age ?
- Poor Lifestyle: Those who have sleeping and eating disorders, and use alcohol tend to age faster. This fast aging process in the cells negatively affects all functions of the body. This case, cause menopause to develop earlier than expected.
- Lack of exercise in your life, feeding with foods with additives and hormones
- Working under stress
- Residing in cities with a lot of air pollution
What are the Symptoms of Menopause ?
Which Diseases Does the Menopause Trigger ?
The first 2 years after menopause are the years where bone tissue lost the most calcium from its reserves. In these years, calcium has a declining function of adhering to bones and more calcium will be disposed of the body. The way to compensate is; consuming more calcium-containing foods than usual (such as locust, kefir, milk, yogurt…) and consume calcium-containing tablet supplements advised by the physicians if needed. In case it will not be compensated, the risk of “osteoporosis” will increase.