Alt konu başlıkları
- 1 What Is Bipolar Disorder ?
- 2 What Is the Likelihood Experiencing Bipolar Disorder ?
- 3 What Kind of Disease Bipolar Disorder Is ?
- 4 What Are Bipolar Disorder Symptoms ?
- 5 Which Specialist Do You Need to Apply for the Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder ?
- 6 How Is Bipolar Disorder Diagnosed ?
- 7 How Is Bipolar Disorder Treatment ?
- 8 Does Bipolar Disorder Require to Be Hospitalized ?
What Is Bipolar Disorder ?
The bipolar disorder which is also known as “Manic Depressive Disease” defines the periodic occurrence of two opposing moods
- Abnormal changes that occur during the transport of the chemical substances that provide neural conduction between cells in the brain and their levels. This change disturbs the communication in the brain; it makes the emotional state, learning capacity and memory of the person upside down.
- Traumatic events and excessive stress factors that psychology has hard times to cope with can destroy the chemistry of the brain (Situations such as witnessing the horrific death of a person you love, being hostage, physical or psychological violence, staying in a place where no one can hear or see you, losing your job when you have plenty of debts, losing your child are traumatic and serious stress factors).
What Is the Likelihood Experiencing Bipolar Disorder ?
What Kind of Disease Bipolar Disorder Is ?
What Are Bipolar Disorder Symptoms ?
- Unable to enjoy anything,
- Meaningless life,
- Lost of self-confidence,
- Pessimism, regret, guilt, and despair,
- Decreased or increased appetite,
- Feeling invaluable,
- Non-organic muscle pain and tension sensation,
- Wishing death (There are suicide attempts. It is the clinical dimension of the depression).
- Broken thoughts and conversations followed one after each other,
- Sleeping less and denying the need of sleeping,
- Being energetic and cheerful,
- Feeling more intelligent, talented and superior to others,
- Being keen to excitement and fun,
- Lack of concentration,
- Acting without thinking the outcomes (such as excessive and unconscious spending, over speeding when driving, taking responsibilities which the person is not able to fulfill, having too much sexual intercourse and trying risky positions during these sexual intercourses…),
- Unable to fully focus on things,
- Aggression in cases which do not comply with his interests,
- Getting involved in fights easily and playing deadly games.
- Imagining to be followed,
- Suspecting everything,
- Seeing imaginary things,
- Thinking to have superior abilities,
- Hearing supernatural voices.
This mania period can make the person lose many things. Unconscious expenses confront the person and the family with economic problems. Excessive dangerous behavior (such as driving the car fast) threatens the life of both himself and others. Since the person will act in line with his urges, he can have sexual intercourse with many people. And this increases the risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases. Also, people, they will be friends during this mania period may be a trouble in the future. Since patients with bipolar disorder in mania period meet everything normal, their parents need to take lots of responsibility. Treatment should be started immediately by hospitalizing the patients in the name of not experiencing greater problems.