Alt konu başlıkları
What is goiter?
The Adam’s diamond, located just below the larynx, also hosts the thyroid gland. Various disorders caused by abnormal growth of the thyroid gland result in goiter disease. Goiter patients have swelling in the throat area and may have difficulty swallowing.
Why would goiter?
What are the symptoms of goiter?
The symptoms of goiter disease are as follows:
- Bloating at the starting point of the throat. This bulge can sometimes be a point, and sometimes the whole of the throat.
- If you have been infected with hyperthyroidism (the thyroid gland being overly active), there may also be weight loss in spite of an appetite increase among the symptoms. Pulse elevation, increased blood pressure, tension, diarrhea, muscle weakness and tremor can be seen.
- The symptoms of hypothyroidism (less study of the thyroid gland) include drowsiness, slowdown in physical and mental functions, depression, low pulse, weakness for cold, constipation, rapidly gaining weight, tingling and numbness Gets.
How can goiter be understood?
What are the risk factors of goiter?
- Iodine deficiency. In Modern and developed countries, this problem is not uncommon, but goiter discomfort is often seen in areas where access to iodized foods such as Africa is restricted. Goiter may occur in people who cannot consume enough iodized food.
- Gender. According to women’s structures, thyroid gland disorders are more frequently captured than men.
- Age. Goiter usually occurs after the age of 40.
- Medical history. Patients with autoimmune disorders in family members are more likely to be caught in Guatra.
- Pregnancy and menopause. Although the cause has not yet been fully revealed, thyroid gland diseases arise more frequently during pregnancy and menopause. For this reason, goiter can be seen in pregnancy..
- Drug use. Drugs such as the active ingredient amiodarone, Cordarone and Pacerone, as well as lithobid drugs, increase the risk of goiter disease.
- Goiter can be seen in people applying radiation therapy in the neck or chest area.
Goiter disease Treatment
What good is goiter disease?
Most goiter diseases are caused by people not taking enough iodine. With minor changes in lifestyle, it is possible to treat Guatri at home.